We are experienced operators & fund managers who have created, scaled and backed some of the most relevant startups in Southern Europe. We manage 270 million across 3 different funds: K Fund I, K Fund II and MVB I, our fund of funds.
We are a chapter 2 fund management company under the supervision of a wide array of regulators from securities market regulators to anti laundering and fraud prevention authorities.
Why is this role important for K?
As a junior member of our internal legal team you will take care of all the contract negotiations for our investment and divestment processes from the initial KYC of all the related parties in the transaction to the drafting of the legal documentation.
We believe that we should provide a seamless and streamlined experience for the entrepreneurs we decide to invest in and as such we want to invest in the skills and capabilities to do so internally.
Given the different legal entities and structures a venture fund can invest in (from SAFE instruments to convertible bonds and plain vanilla equity deals) we are looking for someone that not only has some prior experience in commercial contract negotiations and drafting but is willing to learn and has the flexibility to understand and lead negotiation and drafting of new transactions under different legal structures.
70-80% of your time will be negotiating investment and divestment deals
- KYC documentation of all the related parties
- Negotiation of the legal aspects of the deal
- Reviewing drafts and documents from all parties involved in the transaction
- Draft legal documents (SPA, Term Sheets, SHAs,Convertible notes, etc…) if required
- Liaising with the investment team for commercial input to propel negotiations
10-20% Helping the compliance and finance team with regulatory issues
- Anti money laundering notices
- Market authorities requirements
- Limited partners doubts or legal inquiries regarding our LPAs
5% Reviewing supplier commercial contracts
- Suppliers contracts (especially compliance with our regulatory and internal standards)
What we are looking for
Law degree, master in commercial law is a plus, min three years of prior work experience in commercial law, M&A or related topics.
Experience in a top rated firm or a venture capital fund management company is a plus;
Familiarity working with international teams and across cultures. You share our values and work culture based on:
- We are always willing to help each other even if we have clearly defined tasks as there are some tasks that require input from everyone in the legal, compliance and finance team
- We are comfortable juggling various balls at the same time and adapting our delivery to tight deadlines
- We take ownership of the tasks assigned
- We are part of the solution, not part of the problem during deal negotiations
- Knowledge of Spanish commercial law, familiarity with anglo saxon law or spanish venture capital legal regulatory framework is a plus;
- Comfortable leading legal discussions in a commercial transaction;
- Interest in knowledge of the technology sectors, with a specific interest in startups solving global challenges ;
- High comfort level in working within a self-directed culture and navigating ambiguity.
- Strong writing and legal documentation drafting skills in English;
- We operate in English and Spanish, so complete fluency in both languages is required.
- If you are interested in following up with this opportunity please send us your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org